Tuesday 23 October 2012

Break on through

This past week I hit a wall.  It seemed like my whole life was a mess. I stayed in my jammies all day, (even when I went to pick up my little one from preschool!), last night I ate an entire bag of chips WITH dip, I hadn't done a workout in 5 days, and my personal hygiene took a real hit too. I think it was day five before I finally broke down and washed my hair.  I don't even know how it got to this point.  How do you go from calling the shots to calling the pizza place for take-out because it's 6pm and you haven't even thought about getting off the couch, never mind what you are going to make for dinner.  It doesn't even phase you that there are two hungry toddlers and a husband at your feet. All you can think about it that there is a new episode of Bones on later and there are at least three cookies left on the counter! Call it the winter weather blues, hormones. or just plain life, whatever it was, thankfully it's gone!

When I finally did a workout today, I somehow found the inner strength to push through the hell of a 30 second plank and finish it. I OWNED that plank! I hardly had the strength to crawl to the next station, but I did! I don't know where it came from, or how I went from a junk food eating couch potato to superwoman. But I will take it. I pushed that way through my entire workout. And when it was done, I walked right past the cookie I had left on the counter. I am really starting to realise that I have come so far. Why am I working so hard to waste it on a bad diet? Yes there will always be hiccups. The point is, I need to move past them.  I WILL become that fit woman you see on the cover of Fitness magazine, and I WILL show off my ass in a little black dress!

I guess my lesson for this one, is to know that no matter what is going on in your life, there is another side. You will somehow find the backbone to put your big girl panties on and break on through!

No comments:

Post a Comment