Friday 23 May 2014

Happiness is...

Happiness is....

It is a sip of warm coffee, alone in the truck just after I drop both kids off at school. With only the sounds of the rain and my slow breath to keep me company.

It is a tired dog asleep on the couch, with one paw dangling off.

It is the way my son calls the game of "Trouble", the "Scare your cares away" game. I don't know where he got that from.

It is the sound of the dishwasher. Because it is the only thing I can hear right now.

It is the feeling of the hot deck underneath my back as I lay in the sunshine, eyes closed.

It is the cool breeze through my hair as I run with the dog.

It is the funny stories of my husband as a teenager. Like eating three dinners in one night.

It is the tiny feet in my face at 3am.

It is the taste of a gluten free cupcake.

It is knowing I can give people something.

It is learning that friends feel the same way you do. I am not crazy!

It is the people I laugh with who are not my "family", but my true family.

It is his strong man hands resting on my arm or leg when we watch tv.

It is ideas! Ideas of creativity and success.

It is the first sip of coffee in the morning.

It is the sound of belly laughs when my youngest is being tickled.

It is seeing my post baby belly in the mirror and being ok with it.

It is holding a plank for 2 minutes.

It is the photos that line my desk of friends and family that I hardly ever get to see and miss every day.

It is letting go.

It is sore muscles the morning after a good workout.

It is his bottom lip.

It is the way my sons ask for a smooshy.

It is pink toenails on little boys.

It is clean sheets.

It is a full fridge.

It is medals that are hanging in my bathroom. A constant reminder of what I CAN do.

It is a fresh cold orange.

Happiness is simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment