Wednesday 24 April 2013

College for me was a great time in my life. I discovered and experienced so many things. Not just on the academic level, but personally as well.  I discovered about love and heartbreak, budgeting, how to add flair to rice and beans, how to kiss a girl, and most importantly, how to deal with drunk college kids. They are your friends, your classmates, you love and hate them at the same time.

Lets fast forward now. I have two boys, ages 5 and 3. They are the loves of my life, but they are in many ways, a lot like drunk college kids. Here are my top 5 reasons why toddlers and drunk college kids are one in the same:

1: When toddlers get tired, then need to sleep....right now! There is no going home and getting into bed. They will drop to the floor of the grocery store and demand to sleep there. Or just drop their head on their happy meal and catch a few zzzzzzz's.  When I was in college I had a friend, we'll call her Janice. (you know who you are :)) She would get so drunk that she would just find a chair at the bar and pass out. We once got thrown out, and while we were waiting for our ride, she fell asleep on the curb.

2: They never let you get anything done! They are constantly asking what you are doing, when will the fun stuff start, and how come you are so boring? They always need to be doing something to keep them busy, and you have to be the one to find that something.

3:As soon as you get on the phone, they want to know who you are talking to, what you are talking about and they don't let you get a second of peace. The second that my kids hear me talking on the phone, they come in to bug me. And nine times out of ten, they beg to talk to whoever it is on the other end.

4: They will eat anything, doesn't matter how late it is. This may not be true for all toddlers, but it is true for my boys. It can be 3 in the afternoon or 8 at night, they request the weirdest food.

5: Puke. They will puke in your car, you laundry, you bed, your shoes, your tub, your couch, you name it. And somehow I am always left cleaning it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment